Monday, April 4, 2011

1st work day, Monday April 5, 2011

Considering the number of crews, 3 different groups, the organizer's did a remarkable job having us lined up and set to go this morning. Transportation of so many workers, over 50 was a challenge. I got shifted from a painting crew, to a tile laying crew at the last minute. Talk about answers to prayer! Yes, I can do painting. Probably have the most experience painting, so I was assigned to a painting crew. However, I really wanted to try my hand at other things, tile in particular. So when at the last minute, I was asked, because of transportation issues, if I minded switching. Ha! A literal answer to prayer! Of course, I said, "YES!" There was a bit of confusion which resulted in my lunch going off in the van to yet another worksite. The generous people of my crew shared their lunches with me, and I did not go hungry, and I trust neither did they. At the end of the day I was one tired Grandma!
 
At the church we worked on, there were two projects. One was concrete mixing and laying around some pipe, and making some flooring. (Not my project, so only one picture). Then there was the tile project. Tom the team leader is from Washington state, and the others in my group are from Lehigh Valley Presbytery.

No comments:

Post a Comment